Case van Genuchten, Environmental Engineering PhD candidate, collects samples of arsenic-contaminated groundwater from a well pumped to the roof of a school in Dhapdhapi, West Bengal, India. Ashok Gadgil is his faculty advisor.
US News & World Report's rankings for 2017-2018 has all of our programs, graduate and undergraduate, ranked in the top 3 spots. Our graduate program in environmental engineering has held the #1 spot for the past 8 years; civil engineering has been in the top 2 for the past 14 years. Our undergraduate programs in environmental engineering and in civil engineering are among the top 3 schools every year.
Our doctoral program tops the 2010 National Research Council rankings.
- Future of Distributed Energy Resources, Oct 19
- Developing Large Simulation Models for Real-Time Applications, Oct 21
- The Structural Engineer at Mid-Century: Reengineering Our Roles, Oct 10
- Sensors for Smart Civil Infrastructure: Resilience Seminar Series, Oct 12
- Design Field Notes: Alec Rivers, Oct 14
CEE at Berkeley Connections
Departmental newsletter for alumni and friends.