The CEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni announces its Class of 2017.
Class of 2017
- Dr. Anil K. Chopra, NAE, Johnson Professor of Structural Engineering, Emeritus, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley
- Mr. Paul Cocotis, President, AECOM Civil Construction
- Mr. William Gianelli, Former Head/Director, California Dept. of Water Resources, Former Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works), and Former Chair, Panama Canal Commission
- Mr. David T. Gockel, President & CEO, Langan Engineering
- Dr. I.M. (Ed) Idriss, NAE, Professor Emeritus, UC Davis
- Dr. Edward Kavazanjian, Jr., NAE, Regents Professor and Ira. A. Fulton Chair, School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment, Arizona State University
- Mr. Jon Magnusson, NAE, Senior Principal, Magnusson Klemencic
- Mr. Robert D. Whitley, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Senior Vice President, Whitley Burchett and Associates
In Memoriam inductees:
- Henry Degenkolb (1913-1989), B.S.C.E. 1936, NAE, Founder of Degenkolb Engineers
- Ray Clough (1920-2016), Honorary, NAE, Byron L. and Elvira E. Nishkian Professor of Structural Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley
Academy of Distinguished Alumni banquet
On the evening of Oct. 5, the Academy of Distinguished Alumni will hold its banquet to honor the 2017 class. The banquet will be held at the University Club of the California Memorial Stadium on the Berkeley campus. The event begins with a reception at 5:30pm followed by a dinner.
Contact Debbe Ali of Geosyntec Consultants to RSVP for the Academy Banquet and purchase tickets.
All tickets are $100 each.
Sponsorships support undergraduates as well as banquet
You can be a 2017 Academy Sponsor (Blue-$6000; Gold-$3000; Silver-$1500; Bronze-$750).
Funds from sponsors support the banquet and the CEE Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP), a highly selective program that targets the top 20 to 25 high school students admitted to CEE every year and offers each of them a guaranteed faculty-mentored research experience.
If you would like to be a sponsor, contact Mike Kavanaugh of Geosyntec Consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for sponsorship commitments is September 15, 2017.
See 2016 CEE Connections e-newsletter article: Academy inducts Class of 2016 and raises $65K for UROP