The CEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni announces its Class of 2017.
Class of 2017
- Dr. Anil K. Chopra, NAE, Johnson Professor of Structural Engineering, Emeritus, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley
- Mr. Paul Cocotis, President, Shimmick Construction
- Mr. William Gianelli, Former Head/Director, California Dept. of Water Resources, Former Assistant Secretary of the Army (Civil Works), and Former Chair, Panama Canal Commission
- Mr. David T. Gockel, President & CEO, Langan Engineering
- Dr. I.M. (Ed) Idriss, NAE, Prof. Emeritus, UC Davis
- Dr. Edward Kavazanjian, Jr., NAE, Regents Professor and Ira. A. Fulton Chair, School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment, Arizona State University
- Mr. Jon Magnusson, NAE, Senior Principal, Magnusson Klemencic
- Mr. Robert D. Whitley, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Senior Vice President, Whitley Burchett and Associates
In Memoriam inductees:
- Henry Degenkolb (1913-1989), B.S.C.E. 1936, NAE, Founder of Degenkolb Engineers
- Ray Clough (1920-2016), Honorary, NAE, Byron L. and Elvira E. Nishkian Professor of Structural Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UC Berkeley
Academy of Distinguished Alumni banquet
On the evening of Oct. 5, the Academy of Distinguished Alumni will hold its banquet to honor the 2017 class. The banquet will be held at the University Club of the California Memorial Stadium on the Berkeley campus.
The event begins with a reception at 5:30pm followed by a dinner.
Additional information on both the banquet and sponsorship opportunities will be posted in the next few weeks.