John A. Dracup, Ph.D., P.E.
- Professor of the Graduate School
Civil and Environmental Engineering
619 Davis Hall
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1710
(510) 643-4306 Work
(415) 519-1101 Cell
Areas of Interest
- Surface Water Hydrology
- Analysis of Large Scale Water Resource Systems
- Analysis of Hydrologic and Environmental Systems
- Engineering Economics of Water Resource Systems
Recent Publications in Journal and Books:
- Piechota, T.C. and J. A. Dracup, 1999, "Long-Range Streamflow Forecasting Using El Nino-Southern Oscillation Indicators," ASCE, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering , Vol. 4, No. 2, April, pp. 144-151. (Awarded the Best Paper in the ASCE Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, 1999)
- Silverman, D. and J. A. Dracup, 2000, "Artificial Neural Networks and Long Range Precipitation Prediction in California," Journal of Applied Meteorology, Vol. 39, No. 1, January, pp. 57-66.
- Hidalgo-Leon H, Piechota, T. and J. A. Dracup, 2000, "Alternative Principal Components Regression Procedures for Dendrohydrologic Reconstructions," Water Resources Research, Vol. 36, No. 11, pp. 3241-3249.
- Piechota, T.C., Chiew, F.H.S. and J.A. Dracup, 2001, "Hydrological Implications of the El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO): Observations and Hydrologic Forecasting," American Geophysical Union, Water Resources Monograph, Observations and Modeling of the Land Surface Hydrological Processes, Water Science and Application, Vol. 3, pp. 231-246.
- Piechota, T.C., Chiew, F.H.S., Dracup, J.A. and T.A. McMahon, 2001, "Development of an Exceedance Probability Streamflow Forecast Using the El Nino-Southern Oscillation," Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 1, January/February.
- Hidalgo, H., Dracup, J.A., MacDonald, G.M. and J.A. King, 2001, "Comparison of Tree Species Sensitivity to High and Low Extreme Hydroclimatic Events," Physical Geography, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 115-134.
- Quinn, N.W.T., Miller, N.L., Dracup, J.A. and et al, 2001, "An Integrated Modeling System for Environmental Impact Analysis of Climate Variability and Extreme Weather Events in the San Joaquin Basin, California," Advances in Environmental Research, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 309-317, November.
- Gutierrez, F. and J.A. Dracup, 2001, "An Analysis of the Feasibility of Long-Range Streamflow Forecasting for Columbia using El Nino-Southern Oscillation Indicators," Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 246, No. 1-4, pp. 181-196, June.
- Piechota, T.C., Chiew, F.H.S., Dracup, J.A. and T.A. McMahon, 2002, "Closure of Discussion on: Development of an Exceedance Probability Streamflow Forecast," Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, May/June, Vol. 7, No. 3, p. 267.
- Hidalgo, H.G. and J.A. Dracup, 2003, "ENSO and PDO Effects on Hydroclimatic Variations of the Upper Colorado River Basin," Journal of Hydroclimatology, February.
Biographical Sketch/Curriculum Vitae/Students/Environmental Engineering/CEE/UC Berkeley