The underlined text will lead you to the abstract for the paper. The DOI will lead you to the full paper if you are viewing this page from a site that has a license for the journal where the paper was published.
- Kim J.Y., Park H.J., Lee C., Nelson K.L., Sedlak D.L. and Yoon J. (2010) Inactivation of Escherichia coli by nanoparticulate zerovalent iron and ferrous iron. Applied & Environ. Microbiology 76(22): 7668-7670.
- Litton R.M., Anh J.M., Sercu B., Holden P., Sedlak D.L. and Grant S.B. (2010) Evaluation of chemical, molecular, and traditional markers of fecal contamination in an effluent dominated stream. Environ. Sci. Technol 44(19): 7369-7375.
- Ulrich P.D. and Sedlak D.L. (2010) Impact of iron amendment on net methylmercury export from tidal wetland microcosms. Environ. Sci. Technol 44(19): 7659-7665.
- Kim J.Y., Lee C., Sedlak D.L., Yoon J., Nelson K.L. (2010) Inactivation of MS2 by Fenton’s reagent. Water Research, 44(8): 2647-2653.
- Agus E. and Sedlak D.L. (2010) Formation and fate of chlorination by-products in reverse osmosis desalination systems. Water Research, 44(5): 1616-1626.
- Lavado R., Loyo-Rosales J.E., Floyd E., Kolodziej E.P., Snyder S.A., Sedlak, D.L. and Schlenk D. (2009) Site-specific profiles of estrogenic activity in agricultural areas of California's inland waters Environ. Sci. Technol 43(24): 9110-9116.
- Pham A.L.T., Lee C., Doyle F.M. and Sedlak D.L. (2009) A silica-supported iron oxide catalyst capable of activating hydrogen peroxide at neutral pH. Environ. Sci. Technol 43(23): 8930-8935.
- Lee C. and D. L. Sedlak (2009) A novel homogeneous Fenton-like system with Fe(III)-phosphotungstate for oxidation of organic compounds at neutral pH values. J. Molec. Catal. A, 311(1-2): 1-6.
- Dickenson E.R.V., Drewes J.E., Sedlak D.L., Wert E.C. and Snyder S.A. (2009) Applying surrogates and indicators to assess removal efficiency of trace organic chemicals during chemical oxidation of wastewaters. Environ. Sci. Technol 43(16): 8930-8935.
- Robrock K.R., Coelhan M., Sedlak D.L. and Alvarez-Cohen, L. (2009) Aerobic biotransformation of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) by bacterial isolates. Environ. Sci. Technol 43(15): 5705-5711.
- Keenan C.R., Goth-Goldstein R., Lucas D. and Sedlak D.L. (2009) Oxidative stress induced by zero-valent iron nanoparticles and Fe(II) in human bronchial epithelial cells. Environ. Sci. Technol 43(12): 4555-4560.
- Agus E., Voutchkov N. and Sedlak D.L. (2009) Disinfection byproducts and their potential impacts on the quality of water produced by desalination systems: a literature review. Desalination, 237: 214-237.
- Lim M.H.., Snyder S.A. and Sedlak D.L. (2008) Use of biodegradable dissolved organic carbon (BDOC) to assess the potential for transformation of wastewater-derived contaminants in surface waters. Water Research, 42, 2943-2952. DOI: 10.1016/j.watres.2008.03.008
- Lee C., Keenan C.R. and Sedlak D.L. (2008) Polyoxometalate-enhanced oxidation of organic compounds by nanoparticulate zero-valent iron and ferrous oxygen in the presence of oxygen. Environ. Sci. Technol., 42, 4921-4926. DOI: 10.1021/es800317j
- Keenan C.R. and Sedlak D.L. (2008) Factors affecting the yield of oxidants fromthe reaction of nanoparticulate zero-valent iron and oxygen. Environ. Sci. Technol., 42, 1262-1267. DOI: 10.1021/es7025664
- Kolodziej E.P. and Sedlak D.L. (2007) Rangeland grazing as a source of steroid hormones in surface waters. Environ. Sci. Technol., 41, 3514-3520. DOI: 10.1021/es063050y
- Fono L.J., Kolodziej E.P. and Sedlak D.L. (2006) Attenuation of wastewater-derived contaminants in an effluent-dominated river. Environ. Sci. Technol., 40, 7257-7262. DOI:10.1021/es061308e
- Fono L.J. and Sedlak D.L. (2005) Use of the chiral pharmaceutical propranolol to identify sewage discharges into surface waters. Environ. Sci. Technol., 39, 9244-9252. DOI: 10.1021/es047965t
- Hsu-Kim H. and Sedlak D.L. (2005) Similarities between inorganic sulfide and the strong Hg(II)-complexing ligands in municipal wastewater effluent. Environ. Sci. Technol 39(11):4035-4041. DOI : 10.1021/es050013i
- Mehrotra A.S. and Sedlak D.L. (2005) Decrease in net mercury methylation rates following iron amendment to anoxic wetland sediment slurries. Environ. Sci. Technol. 39, 2564-2570. DOI: 10.1021/es049096d
- Gray J.L. and Sedlak D.L. (2005) The fate of estrogenic hormones in an engineered treatment wetland with dense macrophytes. Water Environ. Res.,77, 24-31.
- Pehlivanoglu E., and Sedlak D.L. (2004) Bioavailability of wastewater-derived organic nitrogen to the alga Selenastrum Capricornutum. Water Research, 38(14-15): 3189-3196. DOI:10.1016/j.watres.2004.04.027
- Mitch W.A. and Sedlak D.L. (2004) Characterization and fate of NDMA precursors in municipal wastewater treatment plants. Environ. Sci. Technol., 38, 1445-1454.
RECENT INVITED PRESENTATIONS
“Production of Hydroxyl Radicals by Iron-Conatining Fenton Catalysts at Circumneutral pH Values. 16th Advanced Oxidation Technologies Conference. San Diego, CA. November 16, 2010.
“Reinventing Urban Water Systems” Gilbreth Lecture, National Academy of Engineering Annual Meeting. Washington, D.C., October 3, 2010.
“Is Potable Water Reuse a Viable Solution to Urban Water Shortages?” Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science & Technology (Eawag). Dübendorf, Switzerland, April 30, 2010.
“Reinventing Urban Water Systems” 2010 Indo-American Frontiers of Engineering Symposium, Jaypee Palace Hotel, Agra, India March 10-13, 2010.
“Is Potable Water Reuse a Viable Solution to Urban Water Shortages?” Singapore Public Utilities Board. February 2, 2010.
“Short-Circuiting the Hydrologic Cycle to Meet Urban Water Needs” 2009 Nobel Conference: H2O Uncertain Resource. Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN. October 7, 2009.
“Oxidant Production from Iron Nanoparticles: Mechanisms, Contaminant Transformation and Impacts of Biological Systems” UC Santa Barbara, CA. May 18, 2009.
“Agricultural Sources of Endocrine-Disrupting Compounds (EDCs) and the Fate of EDCs in Surface Waters and Wetlands” AQWATEC Distinguished Lecturer, Colorado School of Mines. Golden, CO. March 26, 2009.
“Environmental Engineers Engineering the Environment” Urban Water Security Alliance, Brisbane Australia, January 12, 2009.
“Oxidant Production from Iron Nanoparticles: Mechanisms and Environmental Implications” Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, November 7, 2009.
“Thinking Beyond the Box About the Challenges Posed by Emerging Contaminants” AEESP/WEF Scientist’s Luncheon, WEFTEC 2008, Chicago, IL, October 20, 2009.