- An Alumni Leadership Team for Environmental Engineering has been formed, with Denny Parker serving as the inaugural chair and Bob Whitley working to establish a long-term program for fundraising for graduate fellowships. Thanks to everyone who is getting involved for their efforts.
- Professor Lisa Alvarez-Cohen has been appointed to the Board of Scientific Councilors for the National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry by the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sabelius. She will also be contributing to a new NRC Committee on Subsurface Characterization, Modeling, Monitoring, and Remediation of Fractured Rocks.
- Professor Ashok Gadgil is leading a team that was recently awarded a $20M USAID Grant to fund a new multidisciplinary lab to ready inventions for the developing world and improve health care, expand communication services, improve access to safe water and deliver new energy technologies.
- Professor Sally Thompson’s research at Blue Oak Ranch Reserve was featured in a nice article by Bay Nature over the summer, which has just become available online: http://baynature.org/articles/lessons-from-the-mountain/
- Professor Bill Nazaroff has recently completed service as President of the American Association for Aerosol Research.
- Professor Yoram Rubin presented an honorary lecture the Israeli National Academy of Science in Jerusalem last month.
- Professor David Sedlak was featured as a keynote speaker at the UC Davis College of Engineering 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- Congratulations to Eva Agus (PhD student) for receiving first runner up honors for the best technology paper in ES&T this year.
Environmental Engineering Seminars. Fridays 12-1pm, 534 Davis Hall. See Public Seminars.