The CEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni announces its Class of 2018.
Class of 2018
- Dr. Mohammad Abdulaziz Al Shaikh, Retired; former Saudi Arabia Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs.
- Mr. Harlan L. Kelly, General Manager, San Francisco Public Utilities Commission (SFPUC).
- Ms. Susan M. Leal, Principal, Urban Water Works and former General Manager (SFPUC) and San Francisco City Treasurer. (Honorary Member)
- Dr. Lelio Mejia, Senior Principal and Vice President, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc.
- Dr. Balakrishnan Narayanan, President and CEO, Carollo Engineers.
- Dr. Michael Ortiz, N.A.E., Frank and Ora Lee Marble Professor of Aeronautics and Mechanical Engineering, California Institute of Technology.
- Dr. Ellen M. Rathje, Warren S. Bellows Centennial Professor, Dept. of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin.
- Mr. Mason T. Walters, Senior Principal, Forell/Elsesser Engineers, Inc.
- Professor Stephen A. Mahin (1946-2018), Byron L. and Elvira E. Nishkian Professor of Structural Engineering in the Department of Civil Engineering at the University of California for over four decades. Prof. Mahin received all three college degrees in Berkeley CEE and gained recognition for educating a generation of structural earthquake engineers.
- Professor H. Bolton (Harry) Seed (1922-1989), N.A.E., N. A. S., regarded as a founder of geotechnical earthquake engineering. Prof. Seed received the National Medal of Science, the nation's highest scientific honor, in 1987, and posthumously received the Berkeley Citation in 1990. (Honorary Member)
Academy of Distinguished Alumni banquet
On the evening of Oct. 4, the Academy of Distinguished Alumni will hold its banquet to honor the 2018 class. The banquet will be held at the University Club of the California Memorial Stadium on the Berkeley campus. The event begins with a reception at 5:30pm followed by a dinner.
More information on the banquet and how to purchase tickets and/or become a sponsor will be posted soon.