Students in CEE are encouraged to seek mentoring from CEE faculty advisers.
Faculty advisers (and, indeed, all faculty members) hold office hours throughout the school year to help you with course content; advise on courses, career objectives, graduate school, letters of recommendation, and summer internships. They also can be contacted (by e-mail or phone) to schedule an appointment.
CEE students should meet with a faculty adviser of their choice at least twice a year for academic advising. The department hosts Academic Advising Forums each semester to facilitate advising. The faculty adviser reviews the student's proposed academic schedule, suggests coursework based on the student's interest and offers mentoring for career development. If a student struggles academically, as evidenced by their GPA, the department will require academic advising prior to enrollment in classes the following semester.
Prior to your faculty adviser meeting, you should:
- Review the Berkeley Registrar's "How to Enroll in Classes"
- Bring with you a completed degree worksheet
- Fill out the CEE Enrollment form
The following faculty are specifically available for undergraduate advising for 2017-2018:
Francisco Armero 713 Davis Hall
Hassan Astaneh-Asl 781 Davis Hall
Jonathan Bray 453 Davis Hall
Robert Harley 763 Davis Hall
James Rector 419 Davis Hall
Raja Sengupta 112 McLaughlin Hall
Evan Variano 648 Sutardja Dai Hall
College of Engineering Advising
You are also assigned an Engineering Student Services adviser in the College of Engineering. ESS advisers monitor your progress towards your degree and explain graduation requirements, interpret COE policy, and explain the petition process.
CEE's Undergraduate Adviser answers registration questions, describes courses, interprets departmental policy, and makes referrals to resources on campus.
Contact Academic Affairs Office, 750 Davis Hall for an appointment or stop by 750 Davis Hall during drop-In advising, Monday: 1pm-4pm only, Tuesday: 9am-NOON, Wednesday: Appointment ONLY, Thursday: 1pm-4pm, Friday: 9-noon, 1pm-4pm.
- CalCentral is the place to obtain an unofficial degree check online.
- Degree Worksheet will help you track completion of degree requirements.
- CEE Courses, CEE Course Sections, CEE Course Sections Schedule, and UCB Schedule of Classes are where you can find information to help you map out your program of study for current and future semesters.
- Chi Epsilon sponsors a Departmental Advising Night each each semester. Faculty will be available to provide adviser codes to students.
- Each fall, CEE sponsors Graduate School Night with information on how to prepare for graduate school. See Graduate School Preparation Tips.