Moffatt & Nichol’s Seattle office is actively searching for an entry-level Structural Engineer with 0-5 years’ experience to support design of:
• Waterfront structures and marine infrastructure projects including large marine terminals, marinas, vessel mooring and berthing structures, bulkheads, and breakwater and shore protection structures.
• Transportation structures including highways bridges and grade separations.
Responsibilities and experience will include supporting the analysis and design of waterfront projects including
• Structural analysis, design, and detailing of concrete, steel, and timber structures.
• Finite element static and dynamic structural modeling of marine structures
• Assist Senior Engineers with the preparation of design concepts, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
• Prepare design calculations and check calculations.
• Coordinate plan details with engineers and drafting technicians. • Participate in inspection and rehabilitation of waterfront structures.