Thank you for your interest in graduate study in Civil and Environmental Engineering at Berkeley!
At CEE, you are admitted to one of the 7 programs:
- Energy, Civil Infrastructure and Climate
- Engineering & Project Management
- Environmental Engineering
- GeoSystems (Geoengineering)
- Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
- Systems (Civil Systems)
- Transportation Engineering
- All applicants must meet UC Berkeley Graduate Division requirements as well as CEE Department requirements.
- Each CEE program has unique prerequisites; see program requirements for details.
- Read the CEE application instructions completely.
- Please see our Frequently Asked Questions section.
CEE only accepts online applications. CEE does not accept applications for the spring semester.
- The application for Fall 2017 semester start date is now open.
- For Fall 2017, the deadline is December 16, 2016 for the MS and Ph.D. For the professional MEng, the deadline is January 6, 2017.
Transcripts and letters of recommendation will be accepted for the MS and PhD programs, for 2 weeks after the application deadline; however, we cannot promise that late documents will be included in the review of the application.
Update: Starting with the 2017-18 academic year, the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department is instituting Professional Degree Supplemental Tuition as part of the MS degree. On a per semester basis, this will add $3,000 for California residents and $4,500 for non-residents to the cost of attending. The revenues from this program will be used for targeted financial aid, to expand our MS curricular offerings, to increase the level of instructional service in MS courses through investment in teaching assistants (Graduate Student Instructors, or GSIs), to provide career planning, networking and other professional services, and to invest in space and facilities improvements.