Each student in CEE is assigned a faculty advisor in Civil and Environmental Engineering. CEE's Undergraduate Advisor assigns your faculty advisor. You will be notified of the name of your advisor shortly after you arrive at Berkeley.
Faculty advisors (and, indeed, all faculty members) hold office hours throughout the school year for the purpose of helping with course content; giving general advice on courses, career objectives, graduate school, letters of recommendation, and summer internships. They also can be contacted (by e-mail or phone) to schedule an appointment.
CEE students are encouraged to meet with their faculty advisor, at least twice a year for academic advising,
Prior to meeting with your faculty adviser students should:
- Review the "How to Enroll in Classes" page on the Registrar's website.
- Complete a degree worksheet to bring with you
- Fill out the CEE Enrollment form
College of Engineering Advising
You are also assigned an Engineering Student Services advisor in the College of Engineering. ESS advisors monitor your progress towards your degree and explain graduation requirements, interpret COE policy, and explain the petition process.
CEE's undergraduate advisor answers registration questions, describes courses, interprets departmental policy, and makes referrals to resources on campus.
Contact Mitzi Stevens, Academic Affairs Office, 750 Davis Hall for an appointment or stop by 750 Davis Hall during drop-In advising, M-F: 9-noon, 1-4.
- Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) is the place to obtain an unofficial degree check online.
- Degree Worksheet will help you track completion of degree requirements.
- Department Resources/Student Resources contains all CEE forms.
- CEE Courses: Present and Future and UCB Schedule of Classes are where you can find information to help you map out your program of study for current and future semesters.
- Chi Epsilon sponsors a Departmental Advising Night each each semester. Faculty will be available to provide adviser codes to students.
- Each fall, CEE sponsors Graduate School Night with information on how to prepare for graduate school. See Graduate School Preparation Tips.