Khalid M. Mosalam
- Best student paper in earthquake engineering, EERI 1996.
- Hellman Fellow, 2001, for research on “Innovative Rehabilitation and Computational Modeling of Monumental Structures Using Polymer Composite Systems.”
- 2006 ASCE Walter L. Huber Civil Eng. Research Prize with citation “For advanced computational research integrated with large experiments to solve practical structural engineering problems.”
- 2009 Robert G. Drysdale Best Paper Award on Masonry Research or Education, Eleventh Canadian Masonry Symposium, Toronto.
- Erasmus Mundus International Fellowship, European Commission, 2012, Master Course: Structural Analysis of Monuments and Historical Constructions (SAHC), University of Minho, Guimarães, Portugal.
- 2012-2013 Chancellor’s Award for Research in the Public Interest.
- Nominated for the 2013 outstanding paper award of the ASCE Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities by the readers and publications committee for the paper “Seismic Performance of Reinforced Concrete Stairways during the 2008 Wenchuan Earthquake” [Mentioned in the Editor’s Note of the Journal in Volume 29, Issue 1 (February 2015).]