Join one or more of the active student organizations in CEE and the College of Engineering. Learn to apply CEE knowledge outside of the classroom, get leadership and teamwork experience, meet students with similar interests, go on tours and field trips, and participate in community service projects.
- ASCE Student Chapter has a membership of over 230 students.
- Chi Epsilon is the undergraduate honor society in CEE (invitation only).
- Competition teams: Concrete Canoe team, Steel Bridge team, Environmental team, Construction team, GeoWall team and the Seismic Design team.
- Institute of Transportation Engineers Student Chapter
Research Opportunities Outside of Class
Hands-on research experience adds to the quality of the undergraduate program and introduces you to the importance of graduate study.
- COE's Undergraduate Research Opportunities
- Undergraduate Research at Berkeley
- Berkeley Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program
- Supervised independent study (CE 99, CE 199, and CE H194). Receive course credit.
- Competition teams: Concrete Canoe team, Steel Bridge team, Environmental team, Construction team, and the Seismic team.
- Laboratory Volunteer
Expand your horizons through an international educational experience. See Berkeley's extensive Education Abroad Program.