The CEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni announces the 2014 class as well as posthumously honors deceased distinguished CEE alumnus, T.Y. Lin, and deceased CEE professor emeritus, Charles Gilman Hyde, as In Memoriam inductees.
The 2014 class:
- Prof. Gregory B. Baecher, NAE, G.L. Martin Institute Professor in Engineering, University of Maryland
- Mr. John A. Baker, Sr. Vice President (Ret.), Kleinfelder, Inc.
- Dr. James M. Becker, Corporate Sr. Vice President, Skanska USA Buildings, Inc.
- Mr. Fred N. Finn, NAE, Consulting Civil Engineer (Ret.)
- Dr. Elizabeth Hausler Strand, Founder & CEO, Build Change
- Dr. Susan S. Hubbard, Director, Earth Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Dr. Robin K. McGuire, NAE, Principal, Lettis Consultants International, Inc.
- Prof. Stephen G. Monismith, Obayashi Professor, School of Engineering, and CEE Department Chair, Stanford University
In Memoriam inductees:
- Tung-Yen (T.Y.) Lin (CE MS '33), Professor Emeritus of Civil (Structural) Engineering and Founder of T.Y. Lin International (1912–2003)
- Charles Gilman Hyde, Professor of Sanitary Engineering Emeritus (1874–1971).
Inductees, friends and family, event sponsors, CEE faculty and student leaders will gather at a banquet ceremony on Thursday, Oct. 9 at the University Club, Memorial Stadium. The event begins with a reception at 5:30pm followed by a dinner. Tickets to the banquet will be available at a later time.
CEE Fall Distinguished Lecture
Note that this year's banquet will be immediately preceded by the 2014 CEE Fall Distinguished Lecture. The lecture will be given by Academy 2013 inductee Wayne Clough, Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution. The lecture is free and open to the public. See related news item for more information.
The CEE Academy of Distinguished Alumni was established in 2012 to recognize the professional achievements and contributions of CEE alumni.