ECIC promotes research at the intersection of energy, infrastructure and climate science.
Possible research projects include:
- Environmental impacts of structural steel increase resulting from installation of green building features
- Infrastructure needs of biofuels
- How to design, build and maintain pavements in perpetuity in an environmentally minimal way
- Will the California high-speed rail be more environmentally friendly than driving or flying?
- Carbon footprint of a nuclear power plant
- The water footprint of the life-cycle of fuels
- Adaptation of infrastructure to a changing climate