The CEE Computing group has implemented a Content Management System (CMS) called Drupal that will allow department personnel to easily edit web pages on the department website.
Editing Web Pages
- Go to http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/, click on “Department Resources”, and then click on “Log In”
- Enter your username and password.
- Navigate to the web page you would like to edit.
- Click on “Edit” at the top of the page. If there is no Edit link, you do not have permission to edit the page.
- Update the page content
- Click on “Save” to save your changes or click “Preview” to see a preview of your edits. To cancel your edits, click “View” at the top of the page which will return you to a standard view of the page.
- In the page Body, select the text that you would like to turn into a link
- Click the Link icon (a globe with chain links in front of it) in the editor toolbar
- In the popup window, enter the URL of the linked page in the “URL” field and click OK
- Place the cursor in the body text where you would like the image to appear
- Click the Image icon (a small green and red rectangle) in the editor toolbar
- In the popup window, click “Browse Server” and a new window will pop up.
- To browse previously uploaded images, click file names in the list of files.
- To upload a new image, click “Upload”, then “Browse…” to select an image file on your computer. When you have selected an image, click the grey “Upload” button.
- Click on the image preview in the lower right which will return you to the previous popup window. Click the green “OK” button to insert the image.
Uploading Files (PDF, Word, Excel)
- In the text entry box, enter the text you would like to link to your file (for example "CV.pdf")
- Highlight the link text with your cursor
- Click the link button in the text editor toolbar (a globe with chain links)
- Click the blue "Browse Server" button in the Link window
- Select your destination directory for the file and click Upload in the File Browser window that appears
- Upload the file, then click the filename in the lower half of the File Browser window
- Click OK in the Link window
Use these guidelines when editing pages:
- Use “Heading 2” for headings and “Heading 3” for subheadings.
- Use bold and italics sparingly.
- Recommended image sizes:
Headshot — 90 x 130 pixels
Full page image — 550 x 350 pixels
Three images in a row — 250 x 188 pixels each
- Look at http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/resources/computing as a template for formatting content.
Need More Help?